10 Most Beautiful Lakes of The World


 

 

5. Peyto Lake, Canada

Peyto Lake, Canada
Peyto Lake, Canada
Peyto Lake is named after Bill Peyto who was the best guide in Canadian rockies. It is located in Baniff National Park, Canada. The lake gets supply of clear water from Peyto Glacier which melts in summers. It is at an elevation of 1,860 m. Beautiful rock granules also flow into the lake with water in summers, giving it a beautiful turquoise color and a brilliant sparkle and shine. The lake is easily accessed from Icefields Parkway and best viewed from Bow Summit in Icefields Parkway.

 

4. Shangrila, Skardu, Pakistan

Shangrila, Skardu, Pakistan
Shangrila, Skardu, Pakistan
Shangrila Lake is located in Skardu in Pakistan. The sparkling water catches the eye and takes breath away. It seems as if stars are dancing on the water surface. The water is clear blue with the reflection of the beautiful luxury cottages surrounding the lake. It is a famous honeymoon spot. Shangrila Resort also known as “Heaven on Earth” is nestled amongst some of the highest peaks of the world. Shangrila lake is surrounded by fruit laden orchards and flower filled gardens. There is also another heart shaped lake in Shangrila known as Kachura lake.
Kachura Lake
Kachura Lake

 

3. Lake Como, Bellagio, Italy

Lake Como, Bellagio, Italy
Lake Como, Bellagio, Italy
Lake Como is a lake in Lombardy, Italy. It is fed by melting glaciers. It is the third largest and the most beautiful lake in Italy and one of the deepest lakes in Europe with a depth of 400 m. It has been a famous spot of the elite class since the Roman times. It’s surrounding construction is a cultural gem. The lake is surrounded by beautiful villas and many celebrities own their own houses on the shores surrounding the lake Como. The aerial view of the lake gives it the shape of the letter ‘Y’.

 

2. Dal Lake, Kashmir

Dal Lake, Kashmir
Dal Lake, Kashmir
kashmir dal lake
Source
Dal Lake, Kashmir
Source
Dal Lake is a lake in Srinagar, Kashmir. It is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world and a magnificent tourist attraction. It is known as “Jewel in the crown of Kashmir” or “Srinagar’s jewel”. The lake is 15.5 kms long. It has beautifully decorated boat houses, parks, Mughal era gardens and hotels. Shalimar Garden and Nishat Garden were built by Mughal Emperor Jahangir. The lake has beautiful floating gardens. These gardens are known as ‘Rad’ in Kashmir and they produce lotus in summers which decorate the entire lake.

 

1. Lake Geneva, Switzerland and France

Lake Geneva, Switzerland and France
Lake Geneva, Switzerland and France
Lake Geneva is a marvelous lake in Switzerland and France. It is the largest lake in Western Europe. 60% lake is in Switzerland and the rest 40% lies in France. The lake is glacial and lies on the course of the Rhone. It has a crescent shape. A popular sport is Yacht racing. Excellent catamarans are developed specifically for the lake.

 

10 thoughts on “10 Most Beautiful Lakes of The World

  1. How did Lake Louise in Canada not get featured? Similar to Shangrila, but it – ahem – blows it out of the water.

  2. All are stunning, if I had to chose my favorite picture I’d say Peyto Lake Canada though Lake Geneva and Sheosar Lake are awesome as well.

  3. Lake Geneva is not the largest lake in Western Europe. It’s the third largest at about half the size of IJsselmeer (which is the largest).

  4. Lake Bled in Slovenia has my vote out of all Lakes in the world. It looks like a dream, fairytale with a castle on a mountain above the lake During the day the castle reflectes in the crystal clear water of the lake. its really magnificent experience.

  5. Lake Garda in Italy is a paradise, with many castles, nice villages, like a sea in the south, surrounded by alps in the north.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *